[Dailydrool] Miracle

Jennifer Martin via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Sat Aug 22 04:46:59 PDT 2015

Just when you think a basset is never going to grow up and mature something
happens that shows maturity and is utterly endearing.

This past week has been very rough for me on the migraine front. Wednesday
was particularly bad. The dogs knew this and all three were very quiet in
their crates most of the day. About 3:00 I decided I really ought to let
the dogs out to play and I would lay on the couch and watch a tv show and
spend a litle time with them after they came inside. After they came in,
Browyn quietly and gently climbed up into my lap and gave me one of her
famous hugs. Then she stayed there and laid her head on my shoulder. She
didn't wiggle. She didn't try to lick out my eyes, nose, ears and mouth.
She was incredibly comforting. Normally this sweet little girl has way to
much energy for me on a migraine day and is way too noisy. I was in shock!
I just laid there and enjoyed it. We both even fell asleep with Bugsey
beside me and Beauford on my feet. Just what the doctor ordered.

Jennifer with Beauford, Bugsey, and Browyn the Fairy Princess