[Dailydrool] Coming to the end of an era

Laura Moravinski via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Sat Aug 22 14:51:42 PDT 2015

It seems that even though I am almost 4 years out from losing my heart dog, Harry, sometimes the pain is as fresh as the day he left.  You see, I had to put down my sweet ferret, Aaron, and I am left devastated.  After much soul searching, it became clear that it is not just about losing my crazy weasel.  It is because we are slowly coming to the end of the era of the companions we had when Harry was with us.  Although we had many animals in and out of our lives while Harry was here, most were fosters or doggies that I watched for people.  But Aaron and his sister Abby were ours, and came in to our home when Harry just started to turn grey.  They gave him such joy.....the chases were epic, the dances were dashing, and the cuddling, well was too precious for words.  I know Harry has met our fuzzy at the bridge and the two have resumed their play, but my heart aches as I look to my Abby...the last of an era of such happiness.

Fly free sweet Aaron.  I know you are happy to be reunited with your brother.  I’m sending my love to you both and know that someday, I will see you again.

Laura, Finnegan, Willow and Abby