[Dailydrool] NO GRASS

via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Thu Aug 27 11:26:45 PDT 2015

This is to the drooler who posted that there were no grassy areas around their new home for their furbabies to do their business in.   Someone suggested to put down mulch as an alternative.  I just want to make you aware that bees, especially yellow jackets tend to build nests in mulch this time of year.  I only remembered this yesterday when I was pulling some weeds and when I went to check  around my hostas which are in mulch, I really got zapped many times over by yellow jackets.  Don't know why, but they love mulchy areas.  When I was a child, I had a little terrier dog and she was stung to death by a nest of yellow jackets.  So please be aware that it may not be the best solution.
jfishel1500 at comcast.net