[Dailydrool] Puppy in Need

Dale Rutz via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Thu Aug 27 14:08:38 PDT 2015

Hi all, ever clueless momPerson here, I have no sense, none at all, nothing like our momPerson with a clue in Chicago ...... btw this is basset related because Snoopy would have done exactly the same thing he is also clueless although he doesn't admit it. I went down to Santa Barbara last weekend to do my first long course triathlon.  While on the run I ran into a couple of Samoan looking fellows walking husky pups (maybe 30-40 lbs, probably around 5-6 months old).  Cute little fellows (the pups, not the Samoans) so i stopped to pet them.  Yes, I do this in the middle of competitions, what the heck.  So, I finished the course, went across the street to my hotel to stow my gear and clean up, and spent the afternoon on the beach.  Toward sunset I headed over to the east beach bar and grill thinking a beer might be nice.  I saw 20-30 people sitting outside at tables enjoying the late afternoon when the screaming started.  A PUPPY screaming it's fool head off.   Every head turned toward the screams .... which CONTINUED and not a blessed soul got up. So I high tailed it over there to the source of the screaming and here is one of the husky pups gushing blood from his mouth and his person was absolutely in panic mode trying to wash off enough blood to see the damage and the pup was screaming holy hell and here stands a skinny, drug addicted looking fellow with the biggest pit bull I've ever seen so i turned to him and said DID YOUR DOG DO THIS???  To which he replied who the hell are you??  So I told him I was with rescue and I was concerned about the pup and if he didn't show me a license and some ID I was calling the cops.  He was nasty but his dog was licensed.  He also told me he had hit his dog HARD when it attacked the pup.  So then I turned to the pup and told the guy lip wounds can bleep like that and be very minor and got him to take the pups head out of the faucet and used a towel to stanch the bleeding and could see some scratches and scrapes but the main culprit was a nicked nose that I was able to slow down a lot so I told the guys to get their pups out of there.  When they tried the pit went after the other pup ..... I FREAKED out I JUMPED in between the pit and the pup and SNARLED at the pit and backed him up and told the guy to take the uninjured pup the other way around.  I then got the guy with the injured pup to calm down some, breath and then pick his pup up and walk past the pit and the guy with me standing in between and staring down the pit. After I got the two pups and the two guys out of there I walked back to the east street bar and grill where EVERYONE was STARING at me like I was from MARS ...... I went into the restroom and washed my hands and walked across the street having decided to have that beer at my hotel.  I ran into the guys walking down the sidewalk, the pup's nose had almost stopped bleeding ..... they thanked me profusely. I remain .... the ever clueless momPerson who loves puppies. all dogs really, even the pit bull ...... I blame his owner for his bad behavior, when I told him not to act like that he stopped.