[Dailydrool] Thunder!

Alice Haley via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Mon Aug 31 18:07:02 PDT 2015

My pointy ear dog, Roxy, was so afraid of thunder.  If I knew a storm was
coming and I would not be home, the best solution was a shipping crate
covered by a blanket.  She dug numerous holes in walls trying to escape the
storms.  The worst though, was when she tried to dig in the tub and wore
down her nails to the quicks.  There was blood all over the house.  The best
thing for her was drugs from the vet, but I could give a half dose.

Another vet told me to use peppermint oil on the dogs paw pads.  It worked
about half the time and it's good for car rides too.

Fred loves his thunder shirt and it works well.  Now that he doesn't hear so
well, it's not that much of a problem.  Pippi, however, hates the thunder
shirt.

That's my experience.

The Jersey Girls, plus Fred
.