[Dailydrool] howling

Christine Merriman cmerriman9297 at bellsouth.net
Sun Jan 4 08:43:01 PST 2015

On Saturday, January 3, 2015 6:20 PM, Christine Merriman <cmerriman9297 at bellsouth.net> wrote:

Re: Howling
When we had Onslow, bought as a puppy and at the time two or three, we had rescued Louie and, later, Basil and then Drake from Carolina Basset Hound Rescue.  None howled,or so we believed, until our friend Julie, who cleaned our house while she was in college,(and we at work)left Louie a blue ribbon as his reward for being the top student  in her weekly howling lessons!  Indeed!  Louie ever after was able to sing when he chose.  We now still love Onslow, a genuine "old guy," Daisylu, the inheritor of many "Luieisms but no song, and little Rose. At about age three, she was in the car with me when a fire engine flew past, sirens blasting.  Nose went straight up, howl went straight out, and sweet Rosie scared herself!  Now she howls at fire sirens and other, unheard-by-us events in the neighborhood.  Last week, whenever our almost-three- year-old grandson cried, so did Rose the empathetic. She is still young;  reading DD posts lets us hope she may yet teach
 the others. Love that music!  Chris Merriman

           ----
           /    \__
|\         /    @   \
\
 \_______|    \  .: O
\      ##|    | \__/
  |    ####\__/   \
  /  /  ##       \|
/  /__________\  \
L_JJ
 \__JJ

Daily Drool Website:
http://www.dailydrool.com/

Fundraising Information:
http://www.esthermstrom.com/A55B3D/ddFunds.nsf/byGroup?Open

Dictionary of Common Drool Terminology:
http://mysite.verizon.net/msrandolph/

Vote for basset of the week:
http://www.dailydrool.com/botw.html

Daily Drool Archives:
http://lists.dailydrool.org/pipermail/dailydrool-dailydrool.org/

Old Daily Drool Archives:
http://oldarchives.dailydrool.org/dailydrool/

Today's Topics:

   1. Geoffrey ATB (lea pierce)
   2. American tested vs American made (Beverly Szaton)

 3. Tested safe? and diapers (Pamela McQuade)
   4. Inexplicable itchies (Valerie)
   5. Basset Hair (Valerie)
   6. $5 Friday for January (Donna Lindy)
   7. America (Jacquelynn Chazey)
   8. HMS Santa Rosa Fruit Stand Closes;    Crew Changes Announced
      (lea pierce)
   9. This and that (Jane Hay)
  10. Hi Kacy (Valerie)
  11. Geoffrey (Kathy Wilson)
  12. Itchies (Beverly Szaton)
  13. Bassets and Rentals (Beverly Szaton)
  14. Chewy.com Thank you!!!
 (Chris)
  15. adoption ????? (Marsdoxy2 at aol.com)

Message: 1