[Dailydrool] Corn cobs and catastrophe!

via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Thu Jul 9 18:30:16 PDT 2015

I completely support Bev's view on corncobs.
We have had MANY cases at the shelter level where an obstruction was obvious, only to have surgery and discover - the almighty corn cob.
If you find your hounds scavenging corn on the cob - IMMEDIATELY administer hydrogen peroxide to induce vomiting or get thee to your vet!

At our 10th Anniversary Party here at Daphneyland in 2012, Synthia Ross and the Mighty Kahuna were present.
I lost my mind for a stretch and served corn on the cob. Seriously - I KNOW BETTER.  I am going to plead temporary insanity.
After the event, I put the leftover pieces in the fridge.
Kahuna the next day opened the door and I heard quiet, thus knew trouble was in the works.
I called Synthia and had her rush down the HP.
Kahuna had ingested so many illegal things over the years we had simply to wave the bottle in his face and he yakked (yep it's a word) 10 full cobs.  I snapped a photo of them in a giant pooper scooper.
-2- days later he brought up another - now a bit green.  We have no idea where he got corn cob #11.  Most likely a raven dropped it from a neighboring property.
We got lucky on that one.

Dawn of the West
Basset Rescue Network at Daphneyland
www.daphneyland.net
www.facebook.com/daphneyland
Basset911 at aol.com
661 269-2682
Watch our hounds as they participated on FOX'S CAUSE FOR PAWS! Video is available on our website!  35 hounds prancing for the cameras!
Daphneyland is currently in crisis as we attempt to save the hounds home!  Please visit our fundraising page and donate and SHARE!
https://www.givinggrid.com/Daphneyland