[Dailydrool] Strange times around here

Valerie via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Thu Jul 30 17:44:42 PDT 2015

Hi. This is Mila, naval houseguest at PBF headquarters in Hawaii. conley, you were right. Because I'm an independent sort of gal, the people here fall all over me hoping to "make me happy". Actually, I am quite happy. I wag my tail all the time, but the Dadperson carries dog treats in all his pants' pockets and gives them to me whenever I'm around, so I always give him a good greeting when I see him. the momperson talks to me all day and scratches my belly every night while they watch TV. Not too bad. They worry I miss Harley, but I think it is probably they who miss him the most. I'm doing just fine.

But my real mom's leave got cancelled (something about her boat not passing inspection) so she and my human kid won't be visiting after all. And I hear rumors there's another basset arriving in three weeks. I plan to let her know that even if my residence here is always up in the air, I nonetheless have seniority over her. Ha. and last night, Bill and Val took me out to dinner at the dog-friendly fish restaurant at the pier. All the restaurant staff and fisherman regulars were very upset Harley wasn't there. It's the first time we've been there since he went to the Bridge. I am not the attention hog that both Harley and Bo were, so I was a little shy, but I loved my specially broiled chicken breasts. I wonder if the new girl is an attention hog. I hear rumors that she is.

Plus, the dadperson decided to remodel, so all the carpets are ripped out and he is tiling. nothing is where it should be--mostly everything is in the livingroom, so it's a bit chaotic. that's the news from around here. I wonder if I will like the new girl. Mila, the navy houseguest in Hawaii, and Val of Hawaii. Vlbzwick at yahoo.com