[Dailydrool] Debbie's Dawgs $5 Friday is coming

Donna Lindy via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Fri Jul 31 07:27:07 PDT 2015

Our next $5 Friday is August 7th (next week) and our rescue this month is Utah Friends of Basset Hounds. This rescue has 42 - that’s right, 42 - senior hounds in their care. Many are permanent fosters for various reasons but all are much loved.  I will post info
on a couple of the hounds below and on a couple more in a few days.  Since some of you don’t do Facebook, I set up an albumon Photobucket that anyone who’s interested can view. Here’s the link to see Cassidy, Rex, Little Abby, Ethel, Fred, Phebe,
Gertie, Moose and Annabelle in that order:  http://s92.photobucket.com/user/bassetsR4me/slideshow/UFBH%20Senior%20Hounds <http://s92.photobucket.com/user/bassetsR4me/slideshow/UFBH%20Senior%20Hounds>

Here’s Rex’s story:  Rex's elderly person passed away and he was shuffled between family members until no one wanted him any more;  they finally called rescue. We were warned that Rex had "head issues" and not to touch his neck or head. He was transported to us with a muzzle for fear someone would be bitten.  His UFBH Foster Mom has not found it necessary to use the muzzle he arrived in.When we took Rex to be examined, vaccinated and neutered, the vet discovered his whole belly was bruised; injuries consistent with having been kicked repeatedly. The surgery was cancelled and he was put on pain meds and antibiotics to help him heal. We're waiting for more tests to tell us the extent of his injuries.  We're pretty sure this poor guy, who just lost the only person who loved him was seriously abused before finding his way to us. We'll never know how it happened ......but we hope to heal his physical and emotional injuries.

And here’s Abby’s story:  Little Abby came to us with a month full of horrendous infection.  She had fifteen teeth removed and has a fistula; a hole that goes from the roof of her mouth to her sinus cavity where the bone has rotted through.   This may need to be surgically repaired, as it is too big to close up on its own.  This amazing, spunky, 11 year old little girl loves mealtime and naps.  To see her jump up and prance around when she thinks something amazing is happening…priceless!

Please consider donating $5 (or more) to help this rescue with the expenses of these seniors. To donate directly to the rescue, paypal using friends and family to shop at utahbassetrescue.com or make your check out to UFBH and send to 1338 S Foothill Drive #172, Salt Lake City, Utah 84108  or you can donate via paypal to debbiesdawgs at icloud.com and we’ll forward your donation to the rescue on Monday, August 10th.  We have been carrying on Debbie’s wish to help the seniors since March of last year - 18 months so far of successful fundraising to take care of the seniors who end up in rescue through no fault of their own.  Thanks so much for your support and for being a part of this.  A little donated by a lot of people goes a long way.

If you need more information on $5 Friday, please email me off list.

Thanks,

Donna, drool fueler for Bosley and Sunny