[Dailydrool] Catching up

Michele SZ via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Mon Jun 8 11:56:08 PDT 2015

Hello drool family. Once again I am playing catch up. Seems to be normal since moving to the farm. The boys are doing very well. Marlene, when we adopted Xander after Colt left for the bridge they got along okay...seeming to tolerate each other at first. But as each week, each month has went by they slowly started bonding. They still are not as close as Ruger and Colt were but they were brothers after all. At about the 4-6th month together, They now play several times a day, even snuggling and using each other as a pillow. I do have to separate them at meal times and watch them carefully with treats because Xander eats so fast and then tries to steal Ruger's.  Val, as for neighbors barking about the hounds, I hear ya screaming. I have had that issue twice. Once with the Fab 5 in Oklahoma....heck it wasn't even my hounds barking as they were sleeping on the couches, but was a coonhound and Rottie 3 doors down.  The other time was in Florida when Colt and Ruger would chase squirrels. Squirrels that the Blllleeepping neighbor was feeding. I had to go Marlene on her and threatened to toss her butt back into her own yard when she came to get in my face about it for the 3rd time. I tried to politely tell her that I was trying to keep them quiet, and once they started barking I would leash them up and bring them inside. But sometimes I was a bit indisposed (read on the toilet) when they would start to bark and it would take me a moment to get outside.
We are Sorry to read about all the hounds who have made that journey to the bridge. Heart healing drool to all. Much love to all our drool family.
Michele, momma to Ruger, Xander and Colt ATB
wickedfoxybear at yahoo.com

Sent from my iPawPad