[Dailydrool] Morse update - pseudomonas infection

Rebecca Louisa Stanton via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Mon Jun 15 10:46:31 PDT 2015

Hello all and thank you so much for all your help and advice.  Please can I
ask for some drool, I am worried sick.  Two weeks ago Morse had what I
thought was a hot spot, and he was given a steroid shot and cream to help -
which didn't help and made him really agitated.  They shaved his neck and
we have been bathing using Hibiscrub \ Chlorhexidine with water.  He has
been so agitated and restless for the last 2 weeks but we had to stop
Piriton due to his inability to sleep, agitation and muscle twitching.  He
has gone off his food completely.  He was started on some antibiotics and
they didn't help, and the swab has just come back as showing pseudomonas.
Has anyone had a dog with pseudomonas before?  Its very resistant to
antibiotics but apparently there is one that it is sensitive to (Baytril) -
but I am panic stricken - does this mean that if Baytril doesn't work we
are out of options?  His neck is constantly wet and raw, and we are wiping
pus from it every few hours.
Becky, Morse and Pumbaa ATB