[Dailydrool] Morse Update - Baytril

via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Mon Jun 15 15:44:41 PDT 2015

Becky - Over the years, we've had several  Bassets who could not tolerate
Baytril.  I don't know what it is about  Baytril but I've heard a lot of
people say they had problems too.  Our vet  was always able to find another
antibiotic that could be tolerated.

The last time we had a problem it was with Megan (ATB) and Baytril, our
vet knew that she had a problem with Baytril several years before and
suggested  that we try it again.  We did and she had a horrible time with it.  We
wound up using the pediatric suspension of Amoxicillin 250 mg.  Her tummy
was so upset, she couldn't even handle Amoxicillin capsules.

There  are so many antibiotics on the market that if Morse can't take
Baytril, your vet  should be able to find another antibiotic, or even a
combination of two  antibiotics, that will clear up the problem.

Please let us know if  you find another antibiotic or combination that
works in place of  Baytril.

Marie

Marie28443 at aol.com