[Dailydrool] Cyst removal

Pamela McQuade via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Fri Jun 19 05:36:44 PDT 2015

I would ask your vet why the cyst needs to be removed. Sometimes it's
because it's in a location that could cause trouble in the future. Our
Jane had a cyst on her back, right by her spine, and our vet advised us
to take it off quickly, before it could interfere with the spine's
function.

Cost for removal may be so high because they want to do a blood panel
before doing the surgery. My vet usually recommends that for older dogs,
so she can be certain the dog doesn't have any other issues she has to
watch out for.

Pam, food slave to the Dashing Bassets