[Dailydrool] Basset names

Pat via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Tue Mar 24 18:28:44 PDT 2015

Basset names have always been a fun topic, especially when you eventually meet them in person. They always seem to fit the personality!

Rudy was named by hubby who loved Notre Dame football and the movie about one of the students who wanted to be on the football team.

Pw Lilygurl was named Lily as a puppy, by my 16 yr old son who said he picked it from a song by Smashing Pumpkins. He said the song was about a boy and a girl who were sweethearts . Interestingly, we got her from an older couple who had a dairy farm and a litters of puppies..they had named her "princess".  Little did we know what was in her future.  She eventually became know as Lilygurl because BoBthedoG loved fluffy gurls and thought it was a good name for her.  He was right. And a few years later she became a real PWincess.

Our first girl was named 'Calliope' after a very funny soap opera character with that name.

Phoebe was also named for a funny character - Phoebe on 'Friends'.

Murph was so named because he just seemed like he needed a cowboy kind of name and that's what we came up with.

Sent from my iPad