[Dailydrool] Names & Allergies

via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Wed Mar 25 14:32:55 PDT 2015

I have named all of our hounds, but that doesn't necessarily  mean  that is
what we call them,  most on my hounds had nice registered names,  NOT show
names,  but then we gave them names that fit their personality,  Maggie was
called mag-pie like the bird  and Annie is called beaner because  she loves
green beans,

as for allergies, I agree with Michele, My Maggie had severe allergies most
 of her 8 years, we did allergy testing multiple times and she took shots,
but I  too put her in a sleeveless   T-shirt every time she went   outside,
didn't matter if it was 90 out, she still wore her T-shirt, also I  wiped
her down every time she came in the house, especially her feet and between
her toes, they absorb the allergens through their feet !!!!!!!  I also used
powder on her feet and she wore baby socks to stop the chewing. and YES it
was  lots of work, but she was more then worth it and I would give my ( LIFE )
to  have her back again, there are no words to describe my heartache,  also
try  a limited ingredient  diet, I used Natural balance lamb & rice,   only
two ingredients.
Oh and Baths  Maggie got a bath once  week and she loved them ,  they gave
her a lot of relief

Marlene  and Annie ( beaner )  and Maggie  ATB