[Dailydrool] Janie Anne, Llewis, Gentle Leader, Little Nikki (try to keep it short)

Jacquelynn Chazey via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Thu May 7 15:52:34 PDT 2015

Dear Bill and Janie Anne,

Nigel sends a whooping Aroooooooooo for your Gotcha day with Uncle Bill.
He rocks.  He loves Janie Anne so much, and Nigel does almost as much.
Great belated celebration!!!

Dear Bev and Mr. Biscuit and Doc and Conley and mostly Llewis,

The news regarding Llewis is really hard to swallow, but know all our
support, drool, prayers and love are forthcoming.  He truly is a special
hound.  By coincidence, my sister was wearing his tee, "the big book of
words" the other day, as I bought one for her.  I may have to ask for it
back and keep it sacred.

The only time I used a Gentle leader halter was once, and my first attempt
to train the hounds with it was with Pierre Sr., THE MOST GENTLE HOUND
EVER!!!!!   He bucked like a bronco horse, and I sent them back for a full
refund.  Why would I put my hounds through that much distress?  I have a
couple of s p o r n  harnesses that I used on some, only at the vet, when
he or she  would choke themselves with worry waiting in the waiting room.
Mainly, I believe a good martingale collar is the best for a basset.

Little Nikki is in recovery from a pretty major operation, and the lumps
were external, but one was super large.  We will have biopsy results within
a week, and she has a couple of drains, and the house looks like a crime
scene.  Her operation was Tuesday, her discharge was Wednesday, her drains
will be removed tomorrow, and her acupuncture treatments are set back for a
week.

I am recovering as well.  It destroys all my being when a hound is sick, as
I am sure for most of us on the list, and as Nikki heals, so do it.

Healing drool to all in need,

Jackie and 20 paws