[Dailydrool] Conley & Llewis

Jane Hay via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Tue May 26 07:35:52 PDT 2015

We have the occasional knock down, drag out fight here between Ginger and
Suzy. Usually in the spring as the weather starts getting nice. Spring
fever? Who knows. I have heard people say that younger dogs will sometimes
go after an older, weaker or sick dog for no apparent reason, other than
that dog is the weak link. I was concerned about it enough when Jersey was
sick that we never, ever left she and Ginger (our aggressive Houndette)
alone EVER. Jersey was the Queen and was the one who kept everyone in line
but, as she lost weight and became weaker, we knew she would very easily be
overcome by Ginger if they got into it. I personally don't think Conley's
testosterone level probably has anything to do with what is going on
between he and Llewis and wouldn't worry about neutering him because of his
picking on Llewis right now. Now, on the other hand, the animosity between
he and Doc is a different story. That probably is totally an issue about
who is large and in charge and will continue on until the issue is resolved
between the two of them. All I can say is good luck with that! Our last
foster hound and Ginger hated each other and it was a huge pain having to
keep them separate but that's what we had to do. Ugh! It was awful but the
blood letting that went on when they got to each other was worse!

Toby & the Houndettes are slinging heart healing and get well drool to all
in need.

Jane, Toby & the Houndettes
Shadow, Suzy & Ginger