[Dailydrool] Basset Insomnia

James Emma via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Sun May 31 07:09:04 PDT 2015

hello all, it's sleep deprived Mama here. I need help with Tony. He is
awake and pacing all night. It starts about 12:30 or so and continues all
night until about 6 a.m. He goes to bed with us about 10 pm and wakes up
and starts pacing and patrolling the house. He goes from room to room and
panting the whole time. I've tried Alprazolam and Valium. It only makes it
worse. Is there a supplement I can give him to help? He is on Rimadyl and
Gabapentin for his arthritis. I am weaning him off Gabapentin.  I will find
something else for chronic pain. Too many side effects with that.  The
major amount of pacing began after Tony has been on it for 5 months. I feel
bad for Tony that he is going through this and want to help. It looks like
an anxiety attack every night. Tonight I am going to try leaving a light on
and the TV on low. Right now, he is sleeping like a log, 😄😄😄😄.

Sending healing drool to the families of Otter and Holly the Dolly and
anyone that has lost a fur baby. I try to keep up with this list and the
Facebook sites.

Thanks, Daria, very sleepy, and Tony, the furry speed bump that snores