[Dailydrool] Shivering

Ann Hefner via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Wed May 13 14:14:51 PDT 2015

I'm at work with not a lot to do so decided to google
search shivering in dogs. Most everything said the common
things, cold, scared, poisoning, etc. but I found this on
AZvets.com Some of the suggestions might help

It said

OTHER POTENTIAL CAUSES OF TREMBLING IN DOGS

Dogs can shake or tremble for a number of reasons in
addition to those discussed above. Some other potential
causes of shaking in dogs include the following:

Low blood sugar.
Kidney disease.
Electrolyte imbalances.
Low blood calcium.
Addison’s disease.
Allergic reaction.
Distemper.
Brain infection.
Brain tumor.
Other diseases affecting the brain or the spinal cord.
Corticoid-responsive tremor syndrome.
Genetic disease.
Hind-leg tremor in geriatric dogs.

anniebh at acsol.net