[Dailydrool] The clueless momPerson reports

Dale Rutz via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Mon Nov 2 16:40:59 PST 2015

Hi all, Dale here, Yesterday was awful.  Really, really bad.  Started out Saturday night when I went to do Gracie's hot compress and noticed a string dangling and 3-4 stitches gone ..... and a hole starting to gap .... 8 days postop .... oh G-d ....... it was late and I just removed the hot compress and encouraged her to go to sleep and in the morning called her Doc who praise Dog has Sunday hours and saw her first thing ....not sure what happened .... Gracie swears she didn't do anything and those stitches spontaneously combusted but I didn't see an scorch marks on the string ..... basically the incision goes about 8 inches, takes a right angle and goes around 4 more ..... those 4 inches were coming open and you could see in ...... awwwkkkkk .... the Doc stapled it back up and said another week .... the rest looks fine .... another week of anitbiotics just in case. So then we came home and Gracie was settling down and everything was fine and then I noticed LuLu was hiding in Natalie's room,  panting and drooling and shaking all over for no reason.  Oh geez really??  LuLu now?  I'm already $2K down for Gracie .... really LuLu now??  What??  So I did what any clueless momPerson would do, I gave her a couple of GasX while I tried to figure out what was wrong with her.  Legs all work, feet turn back over when placed upside down, comes when called into another room .... I picked her up to examine her further and she passed wind quite loudly so I thought maybe that's it.  Took her for a long walk and when we got home she settled and went to sleep and then after dinner .... the whole thing started up again.  Oh GEEZ .... is my baby bloating?  Two more GasX ..... now not coming when called .... won't take a treat ..... OMG she IS bloating I bet she is OMG so I went to pick her up .... she moooo'd like a cow when I did, not good .... I rolled her over to listen to her belly .. had to fight her hard to roll her .... thanked her for not biting me.... belly was soft and appeared normal, tried massaging her belly and I could hear lots of noises (which is good) ..... still trembling, panting, drooling ...... can't find the source of the pain.  WHAT DO I DO?????  She hates the vet, emergency vet could make a bad situation worse (ummmm .... LuLu bites when she's not happy) so.......... I decided to take Snoopy for a walk to try to clear my head and figure out what next.  We were about a block out when I heard them...... firecrackers.  Some idiot lighting fire crackers.  I commented to my neighbor as I passed and he said .... "yeah they've been at it all day."  LuLu hates firecrackers.  Pants, trembles, drools ..... yeah .... I'm an idiot.  Poor girl ...... at least you can't hurt them with GasX. I remain,the ever clueless momPerson with Snoopy, LuLu and Gracie who I take care of to the best of my (obviously very limited) abilities BTW .... I have been told by very knowledgeable droolers that if there seems to be something wrong with your basset lead with AT LEAST 2 GasX (I use generic, it's a lot cheaper and I go through a lot, go figure) and then after that try to figure out what is wrong with your dog.  I have given gasX for leg injuries, back injuries, flu, allergic reaction, no known reason found and now fireworks but I have also given it and it WORKED to fight off the onset of bloat AT LEAST twice with Snoopy so ......