[Dailydrool] Magic Gas-x

K. Green via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Tue Nov 3 15:35:44 PST 2015

We too use gas-x for many not-so-gassy issues, but we just never know and
it's better safe than sorry, and like the Clueless Momperson said, it
doesn't hurt. In fact just last night I was dosing Cowboy.

He wouldn't stop howling. For over an hour.
It was an angry bay. A leaping off the floor bay.
I tried dinner.
I tried treats.
I tried playing with toys and playing chase.
I tried massaging.
I tried asking him to show me what was up.

Nothing, just ahroo, ahroo, AHROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

He'd already gone to the beach that day so I wasn't about to cave and give
him another outing, but I just couldn't figure it out.
I listened to his belly, and it was making lots of noise. So I gave a few
squirts of gas-x - we use the liquid stuff for infants because it's easy to
squirt into a stubborn basset's mouth, and I feel it would work better to
be absorbed since it's liquid.

Anyway, nothing would tame the beast.
I finally force-snuggled him on the couch for about 10 minutes until he
settled down.

I still don't know if the gas-x helped, or if he was just a baby having a
tantrum who actually needed a nap. But regardless, we love gas-x and never
leave home without it.

Drool on,
Kacy with Cowboy and Rupert