[Dailydrool] 15 year old owner surrender in st louis MO

Helena poist via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Tue Nov 10 08:32:34 PST 2015

hoping the basset nation will help. Owners moving and cant take... they have given me two weeks to find him a place otherwise they are putting him down. Please email me and I will put you in touch with them (helena at proplanner.com) . i would think another senior he would be fine with
Also, canwe send his bed with him or the cushion for it - due to his arthritis?

Short Bio of Ray - Ray:

Date of  Birth - Unknown. We rescued him when he was around the age of 1in January 2002.

   - Neutered

   - Shots up-to-date

   - House Broken

   - Benign Tumor / cyst under his armpits that itch and become irritated periodically. Vet gives him anti- fungal itch cream for it.

   - Arthritis & much slower now with age - has harder time walking up stairs and prefers to lounge all the time.

   - Loves to eat Raw Hide bones (the big ones) - keeps him occupied for hours.

   - Loves short walks

   - Likes to be outside in the sun - but will let you know when he has had enough.

   - He is NOT crate trained and has always been an INSDIE dog.

   - Temperamental and likes to do things in his own time.

   - Prefers to be left alone - can be mean toward other dogs - Snarls, growls and barks but NEVER has bitten another animal.

   - Loyal, loving and loves belly rubs.

   - HE IS AN ALL-AROUND PERFECT COMAPNION with so much more love to give.

   - Has always eaten Purina ONE dog food and loves fresh ice water.

   - Will beg for table food, but easily redirected. (Yes, he usually gets his way).