[Dailydrool] Holiday Dog Treat Recipe Part 1

Jennifer Martin via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Sun Nov 15 03:47:16 PST 2015

I was asked to share the Holiday Dog Treat Recipe I made for the 3Bs with
the entire drool. So here it is:

Original:

1/2 c pureed Butternut Squash ( iused canned pumpkin instead)
1/2 c Craqnberries, chopped
2 T honey ( It turned out too sweet in my opinion, so I will be cutting
this in half
                 next time)
1/2 tablespoon Cinnamon
1 Tablespoon Parsley flakes (I omitted this. I didn't have it on hand and
it seemed                                                weird to me)
1/2 c Whole Wheat Flour (I used Quinoa flour instead)

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet withparchment paper
or a
    silcone baking mat
2. In a large bowl ( I used a 6-8 cup capacity bowl and I doubled the
recipe) add all the ingredients and mix well.
3. Knead dough and roll onto a heavily floured surface (the Dough is very
sticky) 1/4 inch thick and cut with cookie cutter of your choice. (I don't
know if the Quinoa flour made it even stickier, but there was NO way I woud
have been able to work these as roll and cut cookies. I split the dough and
put it on two cookie sheets because I doubled the recipe. I put waxed paper
over the top. More parchment paper wouldhave been fine, but I have a have a
ton of waxed paper and it is a little easier to work with because I don't
have to cut it down to work with it. I rolled it out pretty thin. My dough
was also chilled which isn't necessary, but sure helped).
4. Place on prepared baking sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes. Cool and
refrgerate. (I rolled the dough out directly on the pan. Then I baked for
10 minutes at 350 degrees. Then I turned down the temperature to 250
degrees and continued baking for 45 more minutes. These did crack up in the
pan. They texture almost reminds me of a fruit roll up. This double batch
fit in a 1 quart ziplock bag. I am pretty confident that we will have them
eaten before they go bad. I plan on doing more batches and I plan on
freezing the in quart bags. Keep in mind we have 3 bassets and one human
eating these as snacks. If I had fewer, I might put them in a snack bag to
have out and the rest frozen. If I had stopped at the 350 dgrees like the
recipe said, I don't think I could even cut them because they were so
sticky. No way would they have lasted at that point, but once again, I
changed the flour. They might not be so bad if they were made with flour.
Not sure. Three of us are allergic to flour and 2 of us have to eat gluten
free so it isn't an option here.)

Jennifer with Beauford, Bugsey, and Browyn the Fairy Princess
timandjenmartin at gmail.com