[Dailydrool] Had a scare...

lexismom1@sbcglobal.net via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Sun Nov 15 14:17:49 PST 2015

    My 11 yr old Lexi has been recovering from a bacterial infection in her eye and mouth. Long story ( and $1200.00 later) her eye became really red and puffy to the point where it looked like it was " rolling" back in her head..this happened in less than a day. I rushed her to my vet ( thought it was her allergies. I could tell the night before something was happening...) vet thought it was glaucoma. I freaked. Got her to a dog opthamologist and 3 eye drops and heavy dose of antibiotics later, she is fine! It was SO scary, and the doc can't explain it..both my vet and eye vet ran extensive blood work, which came back perfect.  So alarming to this Basset mom. Eye vet thinks she had a cut in her mouth that somehow got infected. She is still on the drops (which she just loves....NOT). Wanted to share, not scare! Happy ending. Thankful.
Sent from my LG G2, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone