[Dailydrool] part two What my dog has taught me

Jaime Brigance via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Sat Nov 21 13:02:34 PST 2015

When I could not sleep,  Nellie would put her head on my chest or shoulder and snuggle in as close as she could get. If I got up to go to the bathroom, she walked with me. That precious sweetheart carried me through it all.  I would sit at the computer at all hours and she layed on my feet.  If I cried, she crawled into my arms and licked my face.
That was over ten years ago.  Now I have Biscuit, who I never realized was as tuned in as he is.  I have had major health problems for years.  From fibromyalgia, diabetic complications, depression, eye disease, the list is endless. Dr.’s said it was Lupus and finally MS.  Then Neurologists told me that it was not MS two weeks ago.  They think it might be the onset of Parkinson’s or a complex case of neuropathy.  They don’t know and they admitted that.
But they did find breast cancer again.  Joy.  To say that I’ve been depressed would be an understatement.  I’ve been researching all sorts of treatments and decided on Bee Pollen and non THC oils, with a green organic supplement with Chlorella.  I have taken care of Cancer patients before, and two very close friends who survived it.  I don’t have enough energy left in me to do chemo.  My immune system is already so suppressed, it would take the last bit of energy from me and I’m not doing it.  My cancer is stage two and I feel I have a good chance at beating it with these supplements and serious diet changes.   If anyone is interested in the information I have on beating cancer, please email me.
Biscuit sits up with me when I can’t sleep, waking from his sleep every few minutes to reassure me that I am not alone.  When I crawl into bed, that little guy has made it his mission to tell me “Mommy, I’m right here with you.”
I feel like one of the luckiest people in the world to have known the love of my dogs.  Through the chaos of a slow nervous breakdown that is the last 3 years of my life since leaving Oregon, I’ve lost a lifetime of possessions. And came very close to being homeless twice. I arrived back in Colorado this last time with two suitcases and a carry on computer bag.  And my Biscuit arrived weeks later.  I’ve lost almost everything I’ve owned, except a box of pictures arriving in December.  But I did NOT lose my Biscuit.  And I can say that for now, I have everything that I need.
And I don’t feel bad for losing the possessions, they had come to own me and possess me.  I’ve slowly acquired a bed and other things again.  I’ve learned that it is not these possessions that matter, it is what is in one’s heart, and what my basset thinks of me.  He loves me unconditionally, and that is more than enough to give me the courage to fight another day.

Love and healing drool to everyone.
Jaime & Biscuit Pueblo, Coloradobrigancehappy at yahoo.com