[Dailydrool] Bugsey and Food Ongoing Drama

Jennifer Martin via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Tue Nov 24 05:22:26 PST 2015

Bugsey is doing okay on the Honest Kitchen Thrive, but I prefer the turky
and quinoa I make. The Thrive is chicken and quinoa. It has kelp in it and
he is mildly allergic to it. But, he likes it and he isn't regurgitating. I
tried the Brave which is fish and chickpea. I don't know if any of you have
discusions with the two sides of your brain or not. I do and they fight all
the time. They were fighting on Brave and Marvel. Why? Well, both Brave and
Marvel have legumes in them. Bugsey is allergic to green peas and one has
pchick peas and the other has navy beans. While not the same, they are the
same family. I used to only be allergic to soy and peanuts and now I can't
eat any legumes. No butter beans and ham, no black eyed peas on New Years,
no green beans. Our stomachs are also somewhat similar and I have always
had trouble if I ate toomany beans before they started causing hives. But,
he shouldn't be allergic, right?!

Anyway, yesterday he got the brave. It smelled good enough forme to eat. He
ate it with relish. I mixed up another bowl for dinner. Midafternoon he
started the whole regurgitating thing. So, Browyn got to eat the Brave and
Bugsey got a fresh bowl of Thrive. Browyn was not happy because it was
cold. Fairy Princesses don't do cold food. I think if I had heated it we
would have been okay, but the dad was in a grumpy mood and said she could
jolly well eat it cold. His punishment was having to hold the bowl and coax
her to eat it while I got all the evening medication ready and dolled it
out.

So, I will be running errands the next two days and picking up as many
turkeys as I can at 59 cents a pound, limit 2. Bugsey will stay on the
turkey and quinoa homemade diet and I will keep Thrive on hand for
emergencies. Meanwhile, Browyn will have to eat up the Brave and the
Marvel. Thank goodness they don't have chicken. I was worried Bugsey
wouldn't be able to eat the Thrive which is what I thought was the best
fit, but let's face it. You never know for certain. But, the Thrive is
chicken and Beauford and Browyn can't do chicken!

Hope everyone has a fantastic Thanksgiving if I am not on again!

Jennifer with Beauford, Bugsey and Browyn the Fairy Princess
timandjenmartin at gmail.com