[Dailydrool] Bridge calling Violeta

Pamela McQuade via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Thu Oct 8 15:17:35 PDT 2015

I feel so bad, Virginia, that you and Violeta are going through this.
It's the hardest thing about owning a hound.

I agree that I might not put her through a lot of tests that will be
horrible for her and discover things that you cannot treat--for example,
I would not treat cancer, since it would probably not be good for her
heart anyway.

That being said, sometimes there is something very treatable that's
wrong with a dog who has serious issues. I would have a discussion with
the vet about this and see if it would be worthwhile, say, just to do
the bloodwork. This might give important information that would help
with your decision making.

My vet is very good at identifying the most important tests and letting
me know that I could do just one or two that might be helpful to a
senior dog in such a situation. Perhaps this vet can do the same?

I really hope things are not so bad for Violeta, and I hurt for you.
Pam, food slave to the Dashing Bassets