[Dailydrool] Beds for advancing years

Jennifer Martin via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Thu Oct 8 18:10:57 PDT 2015

Depending on how long your basset ' s legs are and how much arthritis is in
those legs, the really cushy beds can be impossible for them to get onto.
My Elwood ATB had those ultra short legs. Plus, his little legs were
riddled with arthritis there is no way he could get up on our big bed with
the 4 inch egg crate pad. I found that these beds from Walmart were the
best. They used to be $20. I think they have gone up 5-10 bucks. Anyway,
they are cut up at the front with built up sides. He LOVED them. I love
them because the whole thing will fit in my washer and dryer. Depending on
the time of year, it gets washed every week or two. Well sometimes more
often. Bugsey is back to regurgitating in the mornings.  When he does it in
the bed, I wash it. I have three of them and I rotate them. They are a real
popular place when one doesn't feel well, or for having a good chew on a
bone. The sides help stabilize the nylabone.
Jennifer with Beauford, Bugsey, and Browyn the Fairy Princess