[Dailydrool] Re-training advice

Julie Canny via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Thu Oct 8 18:47:43 PDT 2015

Guinness is a 4 year old neutered male that has been with us in this home since he was 12 weeks old.  He was potty trained and has used the dog door to go outside his whole life.  He lives with 2  7 years old bassets, both potty outside and our 4 year old rescue female (with us 2 years).  Guinness started getting lazy and instead of going out the dog door, through the screen porch, second dog door (screen) to the ramp outside, often just uses the back porch to potty.  Made me crazy, but it is at least outside.  Now he sometimes doesn't even go out on the porch, but potties in the laundry room, sometimes lifting a leg on a clean basket of laundry, instead of going an extra foot out the dog door.  I have washed floors, used odor eliminators and he still does it.  I caught him only twice, but the girls don't lift legs (and Gallagher chooses not to).  Now I have caught the other 4 year old peeing on the dining room rug.  All 4 get walked in the morning and evening.  The 2 older ones go all the way out to the yard in between walks.
How do I re-train them???
At my wits end!

Julie Canny (julie.a.canny at gmail.com)
Sent from my iPad