[Dailydrool] Reba's eye

Tina via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Tue Oct 20 13:27:45 PDT 2015

I'm normally a lurker.  I read the funny stories and cry with the sad stories.  Now I need some advice and lots of get better drool.  Reba is 8.  She has had dry eye syndrome for a couple years and gets cyclosporine drops daily.  I went away for the weekend and gave hubby instructions to give her the drops nightly..which he did.  Saturday night I called and he said she wasn't acting like herself and one eye was very irritated and almost shut.  He called the vet Monday and got an appointment for today.  The vet said she has very little vision in that eye (which we suspected as she had a gradual bluish haze) and newly diagnosed glaucoma.  She was at the vet 6 months or so ago and had a clean bill of health.  He is very concerned about the pressure in her eye.  He gave her neo-poly-dex ophth suspension every 6 hrs with a return visit in 2 days.  She may lose that eye if the swelling doesnt go down.  My husband feels horrible because this happened on "his watch".  The vet said it can come on suddenly but he's still blaming himself for not getting her in quicker.  Not sure if anyone has any advice but we sure could use some love and support and lots of drool for our Reba girl.  Thanks in advance...

Tina and the crew in MA

Sent from my iPad