[Dailydrool] Gracie checking in

Dale Rutz via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Fri Oct 30 10:45:36 PDT 2015

Hi it's Gracie, Snoopy, let go I just want to get on the computer for FIVE minutes .... daddy FINALLY let me out of his lap for a SECOND just let me tell the drool ..... ok ok you can sit next to me on the chair .... sheesh. As I was saying it's Gracie and I have had the week from HELL I really have it was terrible I'm sorry I couldn't post but it was awful really last Friday mommy wouldn't feed us breakfast at 4:30 when we all wanted it, she got up and went in the teenager who ran away to college's room and CLOSED the door and we were freaking out and running up and down the hall and I went into the bathroom at the end of the hall and turned around to charge out and hit the door BANG and I was LOCKED in that bathroom till 6:45 when mommy came out and then daddy fed Snoopy and LuLu and mommy got my lead and I thought well, that's odd, I'm getting ice cream while they get breakfast ..... but then we went right past the Dairy Queen and I thought uh OH and we wound up at the VET and mommy signed a form and LEFT me ..... and I didn't even get a cookie at the vet and I always get a cookie at the vet ..... it was terrible. So then they gave me drugs and I got sleepy and when I woke up......... a had a HUGE hole in me .... I mean HUGE it is ginormous they removed a whole breast they really did just cut it right off and my incision is like 8 inches long and it hurt a LOT and then to add insult to injury they CLEANED my TEETH and CLIPPED my toe nails while I was asleep.  I was heartbroken.  Mommy came to get me but I didn't care by then I was so sad and shocked how could she let them do this to me.  WHY???? Mommy kissed me and hugged me and took me home.  Daddy bought fresh food for dinner ..... the salmon in the fresh food case ..... expensive stuff ...... I ate it because I was so hungry ..... but how could they?  And then mommy picked me up and put me on a soft blankie from Auntie Wen on the couch and hugged me and kissed me and cuddled me till bed time.  She took me potty and carried me to the big bed and laid me down on another soft fleece blankie from Auntie Wen and hugged me all night and ....... it went like that for 4 days she wouldn't leave the house for anything, she missed her conference, she dialed into a couple meetings (with me in her lap) but mostly she cuddled me ......till Wednesday when I started to say LEAVE ME ALONE YOU'RE cramping my style you know. The incision leaked a ton and I had to go back in but the Doctor said it was mostly clear and it was ok .... it was very messy and we were washing blankies left right and center but it's mostly dried out now.  Mommy talked to the vet's office a little while ago and they told mommy the hunk of hound they cut out of me was benign whatever that means ..... it made my mommy and daddy and Snoopy and LuLu very happy. OK, ok, Snoopy I'm coming I'm getting down out of the chair I will come cuddle with you on the couch..... sheesh. Love,Gracie