[Dailydrool] questions

Jennifer Martin via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Mon Apr 18 04:10:00 PDT 2016

Does Annie stand up for herself at all? We kind of have the same problem
here. But, I am lucky. Beauford has hip issues. He is a lot bigger than
Browyn and a little bit bigger than Bugsey. But, he will pin anyone that
gets out of hand and bellow in their face. This is way more effective than
any punishment I sould come up with. I know a boxer isn't as big as a
mastiff, but he and Bugsey were very good about teaching the boxer to play
properly and they would bite the boxer on the lip if he got too rouch.
Since they never actually broke the skin, I stayed out of it and let them
set the boundries and enforce them.

My first generation of bassets I was not so lucky. Bismark loved to wrestle
and he would slam into Banshee and she wouldn't do anything to him. He
never did that to Bubbles because she would bite the snot out of him if he
got too rough. As Banshee got older and couldn't take it anymore I just
kept them seperated more and didn't let them go outside together. I much
prefer it when the other dog will defend themselves. It works so much
better.

I realize this isn't much help Marlene. Other than you know you aren't the
only one who has been in this situation.

Jennifer with Beauford, Bugsey, and Browyn the Fairy Princess
timandjenmartin at gmail.com