[Dailydrool] Trying to communicate

Valerie via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Mon Apr 18 11:42:23 PDT 2016

Usually i have little trouble understanding what my dogs are trying to tell me. But lately Mila has me stumped. She seems to be telling me "Get out Of bed, you lazy lunk, it's five thirty in the morning and I want you sitting in a chair in the livingroom". SHe sits by my bed and bark bark barks, slowly and deliberately, until I get up. (Which eventually I do because she is very persistent and my husband gets mad if she wakes him up too). Then Mila immediately settles down--it's not that she wants food or water (breakfast is at ten). She can let herself out through the dog door. She doesn't even want attention. sHe just wants me up and sitting in a chair in the livingroom. This is new behavior for her, and I can't figure it out. My only guess is that because the long-legger fosters get up around that time, Mila wants me available to referee if necessary. Mariah stays in bed and goes back to sleeps. nOw all the dogs have gone back to sleep, but if I try sneaking back to bed myself, Mila will wake up and come get me up again. Seems strange to me.  The long-leggers are still here. tEn hours sitting at Petco this weekend, but no bites, so to speak. (However, five puppies were adopted. The puppies clearly have the competetive edge). Val of Hawaii vlbzwick at yahoo.com