[Dailydrool] Jimmy and his mom

Dale rutz via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Tue Apr 19 15:03:42 PDT 2016

First off I a clueless as is well known and an accidental basset hound mom who was suckered by snoopy and now owned by 3 foster failures.  I do know a couple of things though about what you face

1).  Jimmy needs a safe space. One on which he is safe and nothing he does is s big deal. Mine are all rescues and cannot be crated but they can and have all been gated. With a baby gate.  You can use a hall a laundry room s bathroom anyplace you are willing to have him do whatever.  Not to be in all the time but to be in when you cannot watch him.  Like s toddler

2). Jimmy may be the only one who knows why he is doing this and that may not change.  I recommend calling your humane society and asking if they have an animal behaviors list you can talk to.  Most do and the service is free.  If you can afford to hire one then certainly that is preferable but if not use the free one.  If they can't tell you what he is doing these things at least they can help you to cope and to help him

3).  Meds may help.  My Gracie was acting bizzare. Shaking hiding outside just plain weird and we couldn't find s reason.  Tried the vet the eye dr everything.  Finally put her on Xanax.  A pretty strong dose too. For about 6 weeks.  Two refills.  And then she was fine.  Hadn't had meds in weeks she is fine.  No clue why

4). Jimmy knows you love him I matter what he does.  And he loves you more than anything.  Just remember that

If you want to chat email me directly at Dalerutz at sbcglobal.net

Thanks for being such a loving mom to jimmy

Dale
Aka the clueless momperson
With snoopy lulu and Gracie.

Sent from my iPhone