[Dailydrool] kUdos to rescues!!

Valerie via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Tue Apr 19 21:28:56 PDT 2016

Mila again,
  Mom just wants to shout praises to you "real" rescues out there. She basset networks in Hawaii and over the past decade has not had any difficulties finding rehomes for the not so many
 bassets that have come along, along with her cohorts and fellow droolers, Kim Slagel and Dave Wethington. But Mom has never faced a challenge before like these two foster orphan pit mixes she has inadvertently acquired. She is forty hours of sitting in a chair smiling and intervieweing potential adopters with two home visits and no luck so far for the lively  one. And the other (who is very sweet) was plagued by flea hotspots and badly infected ears. mOm is regularly bathing her, she's on Trifexis now, cleaning her ears daily, and has designd custom trousers that she wears so as not to let her near hotspots. This second lamb is covered in dogbite scars with broken front teeth from trying to chew through chain link, is running a tab at the vet's, and if I had to guess, I'd guess she's probably a new member of our family.   But the lively one has to go!!  Mom is working with two no-kill shelters, one of which is planning to feature the sad story of how the two became orphans.  But what mom really has to say, is, EGADS! How do you real rescues manage!!  Mom started on another basset rescue quilt project today in appreciation. Aloha, Mila, new foster failure sister to Mariah the Marauder from Daphneyland,plus Ipo (the much abused heeler-pit, and Jane, aka Darth Vader. Vlbzwick at yahoo.com