[Dailydrool] Jimmy

Jennifer Martin via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Wed Apr 20 03:54:43 PDT 2016

I am not sure this will work with Jimmy, but I have had two hounds that
really had weight problems and when you cut their food back they ate the
kitchen rugs, pens, paper, and dirt. I added green beans to their food. I
gave them a morning snack of a full size carrot. In the afternoon I gave
them a salad. If I had any friut or veggies for me, I shared with them.

Neither of mine were so bad that I couldn't crate them. That sounds like
seperation anxiety. There are drugs that can help with that. There are also
drugs for dementia. At age 13, It is harder to do behavioral changes when a
dog has dementia because nothing makes sense to them any more. I would be
more than willing to use them. Mine didn't eat walls either. Just rugs. Of
course rugs and carpet get expensive quick when you end up doing surgery to
remove the berber carpet.

I hope someone else has better advise for you as well.

Jennifer with Beauford, Bugsey, and Browyn the Fairy Princess