[Dailydrool] Dogs in Places

Beverly Szaton via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Thu Aug 11 15:34:31 PDT 2016

​There is a list someplace that says what big businesses stateside allow
dogs but in the end it is up to the individual owner or managers. One day
when it was hideously hot I had to stop at a drugstore with Doc in the car.
I asked if I could please bring him in, just for a moment. There is no food
being served there, altho they have candy and stuff packaged. The new
manager said absolutely not. I said ok and I left and I made sure he knew I
was leaving and he did not, I was told later, give a ----.  Dogs here have
to be leashed if they are outside their yards.  All the same tons of people
release the dogs in public parks and a good portion do not clean up and
more of them get huffy if you ask them to leash their dog. (It is
invariably a man who tells us "MY dog is-friendly/trained/a lover/obedient
it's too bad YOURS is not")

Dogs are not allowed in food establishments. I can take Doc in Office Max,
Home Depot (I think) and a number of other places. We welcome dogs in our
Gallery as long as they are leashed and do not piss on the artwork. We keep
a dog dish and dog cookies on the desk. There are tons of outdoor cafes in
Chicago proper (we live in the suburbs) that welcome dogs outside. I
believe Chicago is considered a fairly dog friendly place. Other cities are
better, but we ain't bad. Even our little village has a dog park. There are
a couple of beaches where dogs are allowed but not many.

And of course Cook County sports acres and acres and acres of Forest
Preserve and some of them are even safe to walk in with your dog. Not ours
but some.

MomPerson to MertaLou. Conley & Doc

bgszap2 at gmail.com