[Dailydrool] going places with your dog

Dale Rutz via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Thu Aug 11 16:15:17 PDT 2016

 Hi all, it's the ever clueless momPerson here,
I've been reading the where can your dog go thread with interest.  Here in the San Francisco Bay Area …. It varies.  In San Francisco proper there are tons of offleash beaches and parks …… down by Santa Cruz they are fewer and fartherbetween and many are “unofficial.”   I live in Campbell where you can take your dog anywhere on a leash, and to the dog park or on private property without one.  There have been problems with the schools because people use them as off leash parks after hours because they are fenced but then don't clean up after their dogs and it's a big issue with little kids and dog poop .... people don't get it .... you can't abuse a privilege.   Thenyou get to Carmel (think Doris Day) where dogs are allowed absolutelyeverywhere (hotets/restaurants/stores/beaches/trails/everywhere) Most restaurants have “patio seating” so that you can bring yourdog to dinner with you.  Which brings meto this little gem …… When my eldest daughter was only 19 months old we hadhardwood floors installed in the kitchen. At the time we had one dog, a lab named sugar magnolia (sweet Maggie).  She was quite the love.  We rented a room in a luxurious hotel for the4 of us …. Yes of course the hotel accepted our 110 lab.  We took Maggie everywhere with us those 3days in Carmel but the funniest story was the fancy French restaurant.  Yes, we took Maggie, and our baby girltoo.  We were seated on the patio.  Maggie laid down under the table and wasbehaving perfectly, our toddler, not so much. Somewhere around the 2nd or 3rd course I excusedmyself to the powder room and when I returned our daughter was GONE.  I said to Greg ….. “where’s the baby??” towhich he replied “I dunno, she took off into the restaurant and I couldn’tleave Maggie so I stayed here.” OMG!   So of course I dashed backinto the restaurant to hunt for my daughter and when I finally found her shewas sitting in an elderly ladies lap finishing off the last of the woman’slobster.  Apparently she ate most ofit.  The lady was REALLY nice about it, Iwas mortified.  To make this bassetrelated I need to get my floors refinished as that toddler is now 19 years oldand they haven’t been done since but I REALLY DON’T think I can take Snoopy toCarmel because he would spend the whole weekend howling at every dog insight.  And I don’t think he would do sowell in fancy eating establishments either.
Drool to all in need, keep on getting better Page.Dale
PS .... Pawtunia, Snoopy is absolutely smitten.  What did you say to him?