[Dailydrool] Going Places with your Dog

Beverly Szaton via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Fri Aug 12 03:49:21 PDT 2016

​I have taken some of my dogs many places but I never take a dog who I am
not positive will be basically ok. I don't take unhousebroken dogs into any
building that isn't mine. Conley used to mark EVERYTHING. At the Vet's it
was a race to get him from the door to the exam room before he could anoint
something. Mostly he waited in the car in his crate.
Doc is good but I have known him to mark and so if I take him anywhere new
I really keep him in heel position and watch him if we stop in an aisle or
front desk or whatever.
Cooper was so used to traveling that he was a Pro.
Mitchell was equally delightful to travel with and Zelda was excellent. The
Belgians really do not like elevators but can be trained to ride in them
without panicking. Bassets never cared.
MertaLou is so shy that hotels are torture chambers for her.
Take your puppies everywhere as soon as you can safely do so. Expose them
to as much as you can, elevators, busy, noisy places, the Vet.
I have failed to do this with the last two dogs I have had and I am now
paying the price.

MomPerson for Conley, MertaLou (we aren't leaving the house, are we?) and
Doc (No more rooms that move, ok ok ok???)

bgszap2 at gmail.com