[Dailydrool] From the Desk

Beverly Szaton via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Sat Aug 13 07:20:16 PDT 2016

​Of Ms MertaLou Professional Lady Basset:
Re: Weather

The weather is just disgusting. It is so warm and wet outside I might as
well go sit in that silly little pond.
My tail is just total frizz. So unbecoming.
My ears itch and Mr.Conley has horrible ear infections due partly to the
high humidity and his beautiful long silky smelly ears. (sorry dear, but it
is true.) He has had them packed and re-packed and takes medicine every day
but....it always comes back...
We go out and lift our delicate black noses to the wind and-----------------
there is none. We get stale barbeque and stale cat and old squirrel on air
that doesn't move it is so discouraging.

And to top it off we are not even allowed to stay out! SHE comes whipping
out the door when we have barely had time to....well you know... and
hustles us back into the house which is dark but cool. She has some machine
she runs all the time. Here's the hilarious part: SHE doesn't like running
the cooling machine all the time, either. SHE wants the windows open, too.
But we cannot, SHE says. Too nasty. So here we all are, sitting in the
dark, cool house staring at each other and SHE wonders why I keep taking
the chair apart.

Cuddles to all
MertaLou, Professional Lady Basset

bgszap2 at gmail.com