[Dailydrool] THELMA LOU - PART I

Marilyn Burns via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Wed Aug 17 15:57:10 PDT 2016

Most of you are unaware that Thelma Lou has been experiencing coughing
problems.  It started back in July of last year.  She would do a several
shallow coughs in a row - and finish up with a deep sound as though she was
trying to throw up or gag.  Funny - she has NEVER thrown anything up during
this - no matter if she had just drank tons of water - or ate a big meal.
Plus, at that point - she didn't do it a lot - just every now and then.

Just recently the coughing seemed to get much more frequent and much
deeper.  On August 4th - we took her to our vet.  He prescribed meds to
deal with her issues symptomatically for a week.  We were then to see what
would happen with her on them and when she stopped getting them.  He felt
the next step was to take some x-rays to help determine what was going on -
although he felt pretty sure it was an acute bronchitis or something of
that nature...

It wasn't a few hours after her she stopped getting her meds that she
started the hacking again - so I made an appointment for Monday for x-rays.

It isn't bronchitis...  Unfortunately, she has so many internal issues that
it isn't even funny.  Her heart is severely enlarged with fluid around it.
There was only about a third of her ONE LUNG that appeared to be functional
- the rest of her lungs appear to be compromised.  She has a very large
mass off of her spleen and an very large one in her lower abdomen which is
literally pushing her intestines to the side!