[Dailydrool] Decals and Things

via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Wed Aug 24 13:57:50 PDT 2016

I just read a post from Bev about loosing her decals.
BOY DO I KNOW THAT FEELING!!!
>From day #1 at Daphneyland, I have put special decals, clings etc up on windows of our doors here at the land of all things basset.  Some were one of a kind, cannot be replaced.
We are just wrapping up the filming/renovation which was badly needed after 14 years of daily houndage homing and weather issues.
One of many things was replacement of our exterior doors.
Santa Ana winds having broken jambs long ago, openers and just recently a wind storm ripping a neighbors panel off a horse stall came crashing thru a window, well - new doors are a must.
It just occurred to me we will loose those decals!!!! WAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, I have some I have hoarded.  Can I honestly stick up the "Walk your Basset Hound Naked" sticker? (You all know I CAN, yet our youth groups will have an issue with that one, better left in the house in its place of honor).
The original "Daphneyland where the wild bassets roam" does not have a replacement.....  Synthias Howliday Sticker with Pearl....   sniff.  An era gone by.
14 years.  Every decoration has a memory.  Yes, its time to redecorate, I suspect there will be smiles and tears.  So many memories.

Gives a new meaning to the term: Sticker Shock.
Here is a peek at the project: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_kQpwnBU7c&feature=share

Dawn of the West
Basset Rescue Network at Daphneyland
www.daphneyland.com
www.facebook.com/daphneyland
661 269-2682
Daphneyland is open to the public on Saturdays & Sundays from 11 - 4.
Volunteering, visiting, meet and greet and bellyrubbing.  Adoption apps must have been screened and approved before a hound can go home!
SAVE THE DATE:  The Basset Hound Picnic is 10/16/16 Arcadia Park, CA!!!   Information on our website!
Please visit our website and consider a monthly donation to our Sustainability Program!