[Dailydrool] From the Desk

Beverly Szaton via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Sat Dec 3 03:17:59 PST 2016

MertaLou Professional Lady Basset reporting in
with apologies for being so neglectful. It has been an exciting few days
around here I must say.
It seems one two-legger has had cancer and is now cancer free. I think he
is related by that outdated concept called marriage that the twoleggers do
but they like him and so are very very happy about that and had pizza to
celebrate so of course, we were very happy also.

Another two legger and his woman live where there were terrible fires and
they had to leave their home taking their cats and dog with them,
terrifying reports of driving through flames and not knowing for days if
their house and home stood or was smoking rubble and then got a report
saying oh no---it is gone it is eaten by the fires--- so bad so bad.
BUT fear not! The doGs smiled upon them and altho every other home on that
side of the street is gone, theirs stands tall and proud at the top of the
ridgeline, the fire line 15 feet from the door, the pretty prayer flags
still a bright and colorful spot amongst the black and grey of the rubble
nearby. The whole town with  huge burned tracts, we have seen the video
taken from the car and it is horrible, terrifying, sad. Hard to celebrate
one good fortune when so many still suffer such loss.

But we did celebrate, with pizza!  It has been a pizza kind of week.
And so this is MertaLou and Doc and Conley saying hug your people close
because you just never know and saying that remember some two leggers and
four leggers do not have the kind of Christmas that we do.
Hugs and Love to all of you, life is so capricious.
MertaLou, Doc & COnley

bgszap2 at gmail.com