[Dailydrool] General anaesthesia in elderly basset

Rebecca Louisa Stanton via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Wed Dec 28 04:49:37 PST 2016

Hello all and hope you have had a lovely Christmas
We are so sorry to hear of the bassets who have gone to the Bridge in the
last few days. and we are sending healing drool.
Just wondered how many of you have had bassets who have had to have a
general anaesthesia as they get a bit older.  Morse is now 12 and it is
looking increasingly likely that he will have to have a dental, as he had a
tooth abscess just before Christmas and his face is still tender.
I am worried and just wish we could avoid GA but am guessing there are no
other options.
thanks
Becky, Morse and Pumbaa ATB
pummorse at gmail.com