[Dailydrool] Watty's Back Surgery - Update

Fiona Lomas via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Tue Feb 2 18:21:12 PST 2016

Thanks a lot everyone for the advice...  We took Watty back to the U of Guelph (it's the vet school in Ontario, thank God we're not too far away) and they figured he was over medicated.  He's on 6 different medications, two of them being tramadol and a fentanyl patch.  Apparently, some dogs do not do well with Fentanyl.  I actually was really surprised they use that for dogs, especially coupled with Tramadol!  I had this vision of Watty out in the bad part of town hustling to get his next fix!  Anyway, he's staying over night where they can monitor him without the patch and gave him an anti-anxiety to chill him out so he'll sleep.  We knew he wasn't fully emptying his bladder either so they're manually draining it if necessary.
The vet just called and said he's doing much better, even had something to eat which he hasn't done since we brought him home on Sunday.
We did buy a Help em Up Harness and left it at the vetspital, he's already had a go in it.
Thank you so much Droolers for your input!
Fiona