[Dailydrool] On the subject of our dog's passing

Frank Emerich via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Sun Feb 28 15:29:25 PST 2016

I am mostly a lurker and rarely post, but I'd like to add to this thread, if
I may.

There is a company in MN called Four Flags Over Aspen www.fourflags.com

That sells an item than is very helpful in moving a dog that has passed from
one place to another.

It's called "The Soft Quick Carry Animal Stretcher".  It folds up and has
handles on all sides for lifting.

I had a beautiful dog leave this world at 5 A.M. one morning, suddenly, and
when the crematory arrived to

Pick him up, the operator used this.  It was so great that I hurried to get
one for myself.  The crematory

I use is called Fond Memories in Conroe, Texas.  They also have an onsite
pet cemetery.  When we brought

Annabelle there, after she passed suddenly one Saturday afternoon, the owner
met us there and we had a "wake".

They have a special room just for family viewings, tastefully decorated with
lace and flowers.  In another room,

There is a selection of memorials you can purchase for the ashes, if you
desire something other than the wooden box.

I use the wooden boxes for their collars, pictures, a favorite toy and
treat, and buy each dog his/her own special urn.

Bypass the trip to the vet and go direct, if you can.  Traumatic, either
way.  I have 10 urns lined up, with their pictures in front.