[Dailydrool] Toys

Ellen Cole via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Mon Feb 8 13:51:13 PST 2016

We didn't have toys in the house, until recently. I could buy three of the
exact same thing...hand them out and Oliver wanted Magnolia's and Magnolia
want GracieLou's, etc...until they got them switched and then Gracie Lou
wanted Oliver's and...

I ended up just taking them all away and they didn't have toys. There was
no peace otherwise.

GracieLou has had a hard time adjusting since Magnolia went to the bridge,
so I bought her a stuffed hedgehog to keep her company. She LOVES it.
Carries it everywhere she goes. She doesn't really play with it per se,
just keeps it with her. Santa brought her a stuffed lamb...same thing. She
takes them to bed with her...then she moves them to her "daytime bed" in
the livingroom in the morning. Also, at night, I give her a Kong when it's
time for lights out.

She had never been alone before, she came from a puppy mill to our house
and had Magnolia immediately and then Oliver joined us the following year.
She was barking and howling all night after Magnolia died. One morning, she
was actually hoarse. So we've been trying different things and the toys and
Kong seem to be helping.

Ellen & GracieLou FlatBasset
erc2761 at gmail.com