[Dailydrool] Toys

Jennifer Martin via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Wed Feb 10 04:50:46 PST 2016

I always find it fascinating how different dogs like different toys.
Beauford was a ball and frisbee guy when he was little. He also likes the
orbee fruits. They bounce irratically. He has always adored nylabones. Now
that he is 7, he is much less ball crazy.

Bugsey has never been a big fan of nylabones. He chewed them some when he
was teething. He is a stuffed animal lover. He doesn't try to destroy them.
He just likes to carry them around and sleep on them. Before he started
sleeping with Browyn, his crate had to be stuffed with about 8-9 stuffed
animals or he couldn't sleep.

Browyn loves nylabones. She will chew on them for hours. She also loves
small stuffed animals and skinneeez. She likes the skinneezs because she
can shake the dickens out of them and then fold them in thirds and walk
around with them in her mouth. She also likes to just carry around her
babies. She likes her stuffed animals to be a size smaller in general than
Bugsey. She loves toys that crinkle. She has a few with that special
crinkle paper built in. I got her a skinneeez that goes over a plastic
water bottle. She adored it. I thought I was going to lose my mind. So I
never put it over a water bottle any more.

Because Beauford, Bugsey, and Browyn are my third generation of bassets,
they have way too many toys. I keep them in baskets in their room. Every
two weeks or so, I go through and clean the toys that were out and put them
up and get out another basket of toys for them to play with. They adore
digging through a new basket to see what treasures are in the new basket.

Jennifer with Beauford, Bugsey and Browyn the Fairy Princess