[Dailydrool] Miss MacKenzie's dental

Julie Canny via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Tue Jul 12 13:15:53 PDT 2016

This morning we took 8 year old MacKenzie in for her dental.  Her teeth had
a build up, but did not look bad otherwise.  The vet called to tell me that
one of her canines did not look good.  While she hates to recommend
removing it she was concerned that the pocket could lead to infection.  She
called after it was all done to let me know that it was very, very bad.
There was little bone left and only a thin membrane separating her nasal
cavity from her teeth.  We pick her up at 5:35 and expect to see one groggy
doggy.  She showed absolutely no sign of a problem and the vet thinks she
should have at least been sneezing. MacKenzie is one tough girl, but could
use some healing drool.