[Dailydrool] LIke Santa Claus

Val lbrewerzwick via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Thu Jul 14 12:25:07 PDT 2016

The other day I had our three dogs, two bassets and a pit bull mix, at PETCO to have their nails trimmed. The dogs went in one at a time, and I sat in a folding chair outside the grooming area holding the other two on leashes. An adorable little girl about six or seven came and sat down next to me and loved on the waiting dogs. The pit mix, Ipo, especially adores children. THe little girl desperately wanted to hold Ipo's leash by herself. I cautioned her that Ipo is very strong, but she was positive she could hold on, so I agreed but watched very carefully.  When Ipo saw someone else she wanted to greet, Ipo casually walked in the direction of the new person. ANd the little girl was good to her word--she held on tight. And Ipo pulled the girl on her chair across the floor until I grabbed the chair. "Wow"' said the little girl, "It's just like Santa's sleigh with the reindeer!"  I loved the imagery and wanted to share.

Val of Hawaii, with Mila, Pw. Mariah, and Ipo, the red-nosed pitbull vlbzwick at yahoo.com

Val